October 26, 2008

I can’t believe another week went by and it’s almost November already. One day it’s 80 degrees (ok, maybe not 80, but a couple weeks ago it was) and the next day, or week, it’s snowing…WHAT? SNOW??? This must be Michigan…I am not ready for snow and freezing cold weather!

This weekend was another busy one. I feel like every weekend lately is busy, I guess because it is. Maybe next weekend we can have a relaxing one for once.

Friday night Jerry’s mom picked the girls up after dinner and took them for the weekend. (The above picture is the gift the girls left me to go with grandma. Are they sweet?) The girls love going to grandma and grandpa’s, but it doesn’t happen very often, too bad for mommy & daddy! Jerry and I went to dinner and went shopping, it doesn’t sound like a very exciting night, but for us, it was a night out on the town (since it never happens without kids).

Saturday Jerry had another hunting day. He didn’t get up at 3:30, but 4:30 he was up answering the phone because his hunting partners were calling. He laid back down for a little bit and was out the door by 5:30 am. He told me that they would have their limit of ducks or geese by 9:00, but that didn’t happen. He called me around 1:00 and said he got 1 goose, 1 duck, and 1 green-winged teal (which we’re not sure is really legal, so don’t tell anyone). These are NOT all Jerry's, but they are all the birds that were found between the three of them.

While Jerry was hunting, the girls were at grandma’s, I got a nice quiet morning to myself. I got to sleep in until about 8:15, then I got up made some hot chocolate, and started cleaning! It was GREAT! I didn’t get much done because I only had an hour and a half before I had to get ready. My friend, and roommate from college, Tammi, and I decided to drive across the state to Brockway, MI (which is in the thumb) for another one of our old roommate’s bridal shower. Yes, we’re crazy! It was a 2 ½ hour drive…each way! The shower started at 2:00, so we left around 11:30. We actually made pretty good time on the way there. We even got there early…which is a miracle in itself (Tammi’s not one to be on time for anything, let alone early to anything). So instead of being 20 minutes early we just drove into the little town of Brockway and sat in her car and talked for about 10 minutes. 5 minutes before the shower was supposed to start we decided to go find the hall that the shower was being held at…unfortunately the address that was on the invitation was wrong. It would’ve been really nice to know this in advance, but since we have never in our lives heard of Brockway, MI, we had NO IDEA where we were nor any idea where this hall was. Needless to say, the directions we had were obviously not right, the address we had brought us to the Dollar General. Even though it wouldn’t have surprised us if the freakin’ shower was at the Dollar General we didn’t see too many cars, so I decided to go into the Dollar General and ask where the “Speaker Township Hall” was located. You would think that someone that lived in the township would know where the hall was, especially since the township wasn’t that large, the two lady cashier’s had NO IDEA where the hall was located. My first thought was “are you kidding?” But then I thought, “what if there is no such place and we drove 2 hours to the middle of nowhere and now we have to drive home because there is no such place.” Luckily there was a customer that over heard the cashier and I talking and she knew where it was. After getting directions, Tammi and I left and headed out of Brockway to Speaker Township. We were only about 8 minutes late, which is still really impressive for Tammi! And the best part was we weren’t the last people to arrive. So we get to the shower and I tell Suzanne (the bride) that the address on the invitation was wrong and another woman over heard me and she said, “yeah, we drove right past it at first”, then another woman said the same thing…you think that someone would’ve said something just to tease the person that printed the invitations, but I guess I’m the only smart-ass that was a little irritated. Oh well…the most important thing was that we made it. So we stayed for the 2 hour shower and turned around and drove the 2 ½ hour drive back to normal-ville. At least I had good company in the car, otherwise the drive would’ve been not-so-good.

Tammi, me, Suzanne, Steffanie (our other roommate).

This morning was another sleep-in morning. Two days in a row is really unheard of at our house, well at least for me it is. I got up and was going to make Jerry breakfast, but he got up right after me. Ok, I still made him breakfast, which again, is unheard of at our house. And then we actually made it to church for the first time since…well, in awhile. After church we went to lunch with Paul and Amy and Michelle (a new friend from church). Then we were off to pick up the girls from grandma’s. Again, I stress, this must be Michigan because the weather on the way up to Howard City was a little bit of everything, sunshine, rain, wind, snow, hail, sleet…don’t worry, we made it just fine. We stayed for a little visit and then packed the car and drove home. The girls had a great time, were extremely spoiled, and a little wired from the HUGE bags of Halloween candy that grandma & grandpa gave them. But there was a slight accident today with the babies. They were playing, then fighting over the same thing, and Lauren wasn’t about to give up the item that Olivia wanted, so OG just bit her in the arm. Grandma didn’t go for that one, so OG had to sit in the corner for a couple minutes. Naughty OG! Other than that, I guess everyone was good.

Lauren & OG getting into Ally's Halloween candy...and loving it.

Another weekend has come and gone. Hopefully the week will bring as much excitement as the weekend.

2 comments:

this is our life. this is our story. said...

First off, let me just say that if you don't want people to know you shot a duck you were not suppose to.....probably shouldn't post it on your BLOG!!!!!! Don't you just love grandparents and weekends that your children can be shipped off there? Last weekend ours were with uncle al and aunt laurie...this weekend....they are off to grandma and grandpa's! Who said raising kids was difficult? (that is really just a bit of sarcasim....)

p.s. glad you found your way to the shower eventually!

Kristen said...

I hear ya...raising kids are a piece of cake, when they're not with us! :) I love it!