October 21, 2008

Remembering the past, living the present, and praying for the future....

Today would've been my dad's 58th birthday! He's been gone for almost 4 years, it's hard to believe that time goes by so fast. I think the day he passed away will be imbedded in my memory forever like it was yesterday.

There are days that I get so angry with my dad because of his passing, day's like today when we should be celebrating his life, but here we are without his presence. Why do things like this happen to good people? His passing has taught me to treasure the times we have together on this Earth because one day the person/people that we love may be gone in a blink of an eye.

It's sad to think what my dad is missing out on. He never even knew I was pregnant with Ally when he passed away, even though I was. My children will never be able to play with their grandpa, never get to talk to him, never get to meet him. Thinking of these things makes me so sad and angry. I know he's looking down on us from heaven, but it's just not the same thing. He should be here with us.

Take care of yourself, your family, and remember to ALWAYS tell the people you love, "I LOVE YOU!"

1 comment:

this is our life. this is our story. said...

I love you!!! Your dad is with you girls, because your dad is in you. They will know their grandpa because of the stories you will share with them. I am sorry that you are hurting today.