May 12, 2009

Another Mother’s Day has come and gone. I truly never think of it as a holiday and to be completely honest with you I don’t feel like I deserve anything special because I feel so blessed to have my three girls, I don’t need anything else.

This year was a little more special for me because my girls are growing up so fast and they actually ALL wished me a Happy Mother’s Day, not that they know what it really means, but they all said it and it was special to me.

Friday night our church put on a Fancy Nancy party for all mothers and daughters. I invited my mom to go with the girls and I. My mom invited my Aunt Joyce, my cousin Kelli, and her daughter (my other cousin) Liza. My God-mother also was there with her granddaughter Kirbi. We all had such a great time. The girls got to make bracelets, they put stickers on sunglasses, they had a lesson on posture and bowing, they had cupcakes and pink punch, Jackie, from the Cascade Library goes to our church and she read the kids a Fancy Nancy story and a Gigi story, and then we all got to dance to Disney music. The night was a blast for all of us.
On Sunday Jerry let me sleep in a little bit, then the girls all came up to wish me a Happy Mother’s Day and to see what I wanted for breakfast. They ended up making me chocolate chip muffins…mmmm… After breakfast we all got ready and went up to Jerry’s mom’s for lunch. Then we went to my mom’s for dinner. The day ended up being very nice and the weather was great too, which always helps!

My girls are the best and I am very lucky and very blessed to have them in my life! I love you little ladies!

2 comments:

AJD ∞ said...

O.G. [I'm pretty sure she's the one wearing the sunglasses, right?] truly looks like an "OG." Haha.

Kristen said...

Amy, that's Lauren, not OG. :) I guess she kind of does look like an "OG". :)