December 13, 2008

Our family on Thanksgiving Day!
There is no excuse for not updating you with what’s been happening in our lives the last couple of weeks. We haven’t really been that busy looking back on the pictures that we have taken the last couple of weeks…I guess I’ve just been lazy.

To give you a quick update since the last blog, the day before Thanksgiving Jerry was laid off from work. We still gave thanks at Thanksgiving because we’ve been thankful that we’ve gone this long with good jobs. We’re still thankful for many things and we are trying to stay positive that he will go back to work soon. In the mean time Jerry has been staying home with the girls. He says “it’s boring”, but that’s just because he doesn’t go anywhere. I would go stir-crazy too staying home all day, everyday. So I don’t feel bad for him.
Thanksgiving was a great long weekend for us. On Thanksgiving Day we went to my cousin’s for lunch. There were about 30 of us total and it was fun to see everyone and just have a relaxing meal with family and friends. After lunch and catching up we brought the girls home for a nap and then Jerry’s mom and step-dad came over for dinner. Needless to say we didn’t go hungry that day.

Here's all the kids (except one, Ben, he was taking a nap). From left to right, Wyatt, Sawyer, Lauren, Olivia, Madelyn, Ally, Autumn, and Liza. What good kids for sitting there while we took a million pictures!Next we have the "older kids". From left to right, Kelli, Steve, Ryan, Will, Kari, me, Jerry, Esther, Jeremy, Amy, Paul, and Pete.
And last, but not least, the "old people". Since we all had to get our picture, and the "old people" never do, we all made them get in there together! From left to right, Bob, Doug, Myrna, mom, Aunt Julie, Uncle (Roger) Howard, Aunt Joyce, Uncle Don, Kim, John.The day after Thanksgiving there was no shopping for us. We woke up early and my mom came over to stay with the girls while Jerry took me to the hospital. I wasn’t sick; I had to go to the radiology department to get tested to make sure the Essure birth control process that I had done back in August actually worked. My doctor had to run a die in to see if my tubes were closed or still open. The whole process took about 30 seconds. It’s amazing how much pain can happen in 30 second. It wasn’t as bad as the first process, but it still wasn’t too comfortable. But the good news is my tubes are permenantly closed and we will NOT be having any more babies! For the rest of the morning I slept and in the afternoon we dropped the girls off at Aunt Anne’s to spend the night. While they were there, Jerry and I cleaned the house and got it all ready for Saturday’s Baragar Thanksgiving at our house.

Saturday, Nov. 29 we had the Baragar side of the family over for a nice Thanksgiving get together. It was very fun and very busy. There were about 25 people, including kids. We had lots of great food and conversations. The kids all had a great time. The babies got TONS of attention, of course, and they loved it! Ally had lots of “friends” to play with and she loved it as well. Jerry deep fried a turkey and it was a hit! Aunt Julie’s peanut brittle was devoured! And yet, there was still tons of food left over…how does that happen? We should’ve had everyone back over the next day to finish all the leftovers.

Sunday, Nov. 30 we went to my mom’s for Bob’s birthday. Technically his birthday was Saturday, but because we had plans, we celebrated on Sunday. We had another turkey dinner, but it was great. Turkey is my favorite and you only usually get turkey like once a year, so in my opinion you have to eat as much as you can…so we did! Bob opening our present to him...black olives...no that wasn't all we got him, but that was the best part. Next time we're over there, I'm sure Bob and I will devour the black olives. A few weeks ago him and I ate a whole can...yeah, a whole can. Afterwards I wasn't feeling so well...but we thought it was pretty funny!

I guess that brings us to this week…nothing really happened in between, at least nothing worth mentioning. Tuesday we made cookies with the girls. They all cut some out, ate a little dough, and got flour all over themselves. It’s great fun trying to bake with all of them. I probably don’t have to tell you that we still haven’t decorated them. I guess we’re just not looking forward to another mess. Maybe Jerry and I will have to decorate them ourselves. Olivia has been sick for most of this week. She started off with a fever and tiredness, today it turned into diarrhea and not eating. She’s been lying around and sleeping wherever she feels like stopping and dropping, including the living room chair, the love seat in the basement, and on Jerry’s chest. The other day when she was lying on the chair, Lauren decided that she needed to sit with her. The bad part about the two of them following each other and doing whatever the other one does, is when OG doesn’t eat (because she doesn’t feel well) Lauren decides that she doesn’t need to eat either. I’m sure she’ll learn fast that if she doesn’t eat, she’ll be hungry. But until then, I guess we can’t make her eat. Tomorrow should be a big day for us. We’re supposed to get out Christmas tree. I know what you’re thinking, Christmas is next week…yes, we’re a little slow, but we always go cut one down and it turns into a HUGE pine needle mess if you get it too early. So we’re going tomorrow and we’ll probably take it down a few days after Christmas, depending on how much we have to yell at the girls to stop touching it.

1 comment:

this is our life. this is our story. said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! Sorry to hear about Jerry's job, that really stinks. On the bright side, it looks like he could go into the snowman making business! See you on Christmas Eve!