October 28, 2008

Tonight we had fun carving pumpkins. This was the girls' first experience and they all loved it. Of course it took a minute or two to actually get their hands in the pumpkins to get the guts out (they're kind of like their mommy), but after they did it once, they didn't have a problem doing it again. For those of you that know me, and my hand fettish, I had a little bit of an issue with the guts on my hands and I never did get over it, until I washed them. Dirt and guts on my hands just aren't my cup of tea... The girls helped carve, they were patient while Jerry and I carved the pumpkins for them, and they loved seeing the results. After about an hour everyone had a breakdown, but that's to be expected, I think.... at least they all smiled for the camera, even through the tears.

1 comment:

this is our life. this is our story. said...

what great jack-o-lanterns! have fun treat-or-treating tomorrow!!