September 5 & 6, 2008

As many of you know Sept. 5, 2003 was the day Jerry and I got married. Yes, it's already been 5 years! Can you believe it? A lot has happened in the last 5 years...I look back and think, 'boy we were young, did we really know what we were doing?' Sometimes I still feel that way, but with 5 years comes growth, wisdom, and three kids!

Jerry and I did go out on our anniversary. The kids spent the night at grandma and grandpa Bommelje's. Ally said she was going to sleep in "grandpa's bus", their new motor home, don't worry she didn't, as far as I know. Jerry took me to Long Horn for dinner, it was really good, and then we went downtown for the fireworks, of course...just like on our wedding night. It was a little different though, we actually watched them from the 3rd floor of my cousin's Rob and Dynl's condo on the corner of Sixth Street and Monroe. They had a little get together and we crashed it, along with my mom, Bob, and Ally.

After a long week for both Jerry and I at work, we even got to sleep in this morning! That never happens, well at least that never happens for me. Jerry on the other hand is impossible to wake up and he pretty much sleeps in most weekend mornings.

Anyway, today was also an exciting day for our family...my brother Paul finally proposed to his girlfriend Amy! We thought he'd never get married...just kidding, we knew he'd find the right woman one of these days! It took a while, but he was just waiting for the perfect one to come along, and she finally did! Words can not explain how excited and happy we are for the two of them! Ally can finally call Amy, "Aunt Amy" and have it be true! Congrats to the both of them! We can't wait for the wedding day!

2 comments:

this is our life. this is our story. said...

Great news about Paul and Amy! Are the girls going to be in the wedding? Happy belated Anniversary too! I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. You have accomplished a lot in those 5 years that's for sure! How's Ally's head doing?

Kristen said...

Ally will for sure be in the wedding! The babies, who would want them in their wedding, besides my crazy cousin Amy! :) just kidding Amy! :) Ally's head is doing much better, thanks for asking! She's a trooper. Thanks for checking in... I think you're the only one that does! :)